NALSAR -IAAM in Association with the Government of Sharjah, UAE, Department of Civil Aviation has launched the PGDALATM in the UAE / Middle East with the first onsite Session at DCA, Sharjah International airport on 21-24 March 2010. This is a rare programme, first of its kind in this part of the world.
NALSAR-IAAM are already offering a Post Graduate Diploma in Aviation Law and Air Transport Management (PGDALATM) course in India.
1. Executive PGDALATM:
For Airline/Airport/Aerospace Professionals, Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, Armed Forces Personnel, Working Executives, Lawyers etc.
For Aviation Enthusiasts, Graduates in any discipline, Engineers, MBAs, Law Graduates and students pursuing Engineering, MBA, LL.B. etc.
For further information / Registration Contact :
Prof. (Dr.) V. Balakista Reddy
Professor of International Law &
Head, Center for Air & Space Law,
NALSAR University of Law,
Justice City, shameerpet, Hyderabad - 500 078.A.P.India.
Ph : +91 40 23498 8214, Fax : +91 8418 245174
Mobile : +91 - 99486 60916 / 99496 99212
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
website : www.nalsar.ac.in
Sunday, April 25, 2010
NALSAR joined hands with Institute of Applied Aviation Management (IAAM), a Global Endeavour of international aviation experts with the object to impart world class aviation education with a global perspective, at an affordable cost.
NALSAR University of Law is the only university of its kind in India and one of the very few in the world offering Aviation Law courses. NALSAR has continually endeavoured to further the detailed study of Air and Space Law. It is the only institution of its kind that offers Seminar courses in Air and Space Law and has trained many students in the last ten years to achieve excellence in this field. Few of our students have pursued LLM Course in Air and Space Law in leading universities like McGill and Leiden, with prestigious Scholarships/Fellowships and were well placed in aviation industry in India and abroad.
NALSAR has tie up with prestigious international universities around the globe which include Griffith University, Australia; University of Western Ontario, Canada; University of New South Wales, Australia; King's College, U.K; University of Warwick, UK; University of Oklahoma, USA; Santa Clara University, USA; University of Illinois, USA; Freiburg University, Germany; Maastricht University, The Netherlands and University of Lucerne, Switzerland.
IAAM has tie up with several leading International Universities/Management Institutions imparting aviation education including City University, USA/VSM Slovakia; Corporate Vision/Global Aviation Training Institute, UK/USA in partnership with Royal Roads University, Canada; Mega Trend University, Serbia; Aviation Consulting Group, USA; leading airports and airlines in the Europe and Middle East/UAE; thus providing a global acceptance of this programme which could help acquire coveted global placements in the aviation industry.
NALSAR-IAAM initiative institutionalises the academic - industry partnership in the domains of Air Transport Management and Aviation Law which makes it a unique qualification, for the first time in India and even in Asia.
Introduction to the Centre
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad is the 'Number One' rank-rated Law University in India (A.C. Nielsen-ORG-MARG Survey, 2008). The Centre for Air and Space Law (CASL) is one of the centres of excellence established by the University. Since its inception in 2005, the Centre has been working under the stewardship of Prof. V. Balakista Reddy (Head, Centre for Air & Space Law). There are very few research centres across the globe which are paying heed to the very vast realms of Air and Space Law and amongst them CASL has been working towards the process of spreading literacy in these fields since last five years. The Centre specialises in legal and policy issues regarding aviation and space activities.
Objectives of NALSAR-CASL
The Centre for Air & Space Law has come up with some innovative objectives/projects which are as follows:
• To provide and assist Government institutions/organizations and private institutions/industries in sorting out legal issues in both Air & Space laws.
• To produce well researched expertise of various kinds in Air & Space Law arena.
• To enter into a MoU’s with Foreign Universities for having exchange programs not only for students but for faculty as well.
• To conduct seminars/workshops year after year on Air & Space laws so as to improve the credibility of this Centre.
• To organize an International conference titled “The Future of Space Law in the new millennium” in the latter part of the year 2010.
• To launch Diploma Course on “Space Technology & Space Law” through distance/online mode.
• To come up with a book on “Aviation laws and current trends”, this will be a magnum opus in days to come.
• To come up with a book on “Space Law”, this will be a magnum opus in days to come.
• To come up with a Newsletter on Air & Space laws activities being carried on by this Centre.
• To arrange for internship programs in Aviation & Space research Centers.
• To spread awareness program on Air & Space Laws education throughout India.
• To organize Annual Moot Court on legal issues regarding Air & Space Laws.